Vrystaat Nasorgsentrum / Free State Residential Care Centre
Free State Care Centre is a facility for individuals age 18-70 with Intellectual Disability. Our vision is to teach them a skill within a workshop in order for them to be placed in sheltered employment in the Open Labour Market of Bloemfontein.
Our workshops include:
• Woodwork (Making of Strikdas, Toys, Blitzz Packs for braai)
• Needlework (Contract work for AFBOB, Dog Cushions and knitting products)
• Craft workshop (Making of cards etc)
• Laundry Room (Washing clothes and marking clothes)
• Maintenance and Garden work
• Packaging workshop – packing products for a contract.
We also believe to have a balance with social events and sport events that we would like to start this year. It is our focus to look at each individual’s needs and how to structure the work environment for his/her optimal functioning.