Mental Health Professionals
I am an independent, board certified clinical psychologist registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and the Board of Health Care Funders (BHF). I work therapeutically with adults and adolescents, individuals as well as couples offering long and short term therapy.
Having worked in a number of public hospitals and community clinics I have enjoyed working with clients from diverse backgrounds, with varying psychological needs. Those experiences have shaped my therapeutic approach, I focus on providing a warm, non-judgmental and supportive space within which to help
people understand themselves and their circumstances on a deeper level, and to deal more effectively with their life challenges.
I primarily practice from three therapeutic modalities, depending on the client’s needs. These include psychodynamic psychotherapy, clinical hypnotherapy, and cognitive-behavioural therapy.
I have helped clients who have experienced the following psychological difficulties:
– All Psychiatric Conditions (depression, bipolar, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, panic attacks, schizophrenia, personality disorders, dissociative disorders),
– Addictions (drugs, smoking, eating, gambling),
– Self-harm and suicidal behaviours
– Trauma and abuse,
– LGBTIQA+ mental health issues,
– Interpersonal difficulties (relational, marital, occupational),
– Coping with loss, chronic illness (HIV/Aids, cancer, migraines, chronic pain, chronic fatigue), and life transitions (death, separation, divorce), and
– Personal growth.
HPCSA no: PS0120766
Practice no: 0579122
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Darryn Costello